The Welcome Deck format is the perfect introduction to the world of Flesh and Blood for new players. Each participant uses the same preconstructed ninja deck, which showcases the game's basic mechanics without overwhelming newcomers with complicated rules. The fast-paced gameplay and back-and-forth action make for an exciting and engaging experience that's sure to leave players eager for more. Come and discover the thrill of Flesh and Blood with the Welcome Deck format!
The following only covers the basics and recommendations for Welcome Deck. Please refer to the Tournament Rules and Policy for more complete details on running a Welcome Deck tournament.
- Each player uses the Ira Welcome Deck
- The hero is Ira, Crimson Haze
- The weapon is Edge of Autumn
- The deck has exactly 30 cards
- 30 minutes per round, first to 1
The following is the recommended structure for a Welcome Deck tournament, which may be altered at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.
- Matches: First to 1 win
- Round Time: 30 minutes
Each game of a match follows the same procedure:
- Each player sets up their hero and weapon.
- Choose a player at random, and then that player decides who will go first.
- Each player shuffles and presents their deck to the opponent, who may shuffle and/or cut.
- Each player draws cards up to their hero's intellect, and the first player begins the first turn of the game.
The match ends when one player has won the required number of games for the match (usually 1 game win).
If the round time expires, and a winner of the current game is yet to be determined, the turn player completes their turn and then 1 additional turn is played. At the conclusion of the additional turn, if a winner of the game has not been determined, the current game is a draw.
This document was last updated on 21 April, 2023