Join the battle to become the 2023 National Champion! Seize glory, fame, and your step on the path to greatness at the first European World Championship.
National Championship Tournament Information
Event Partner: Jocozaur
Date: September 2, 2023
Venue: Primer Gallery (Centru de Sticla), Str. Progresului Nr.2, Tg. Mures, Jud. Mures
Format: Classic Constructed & Monarch Booster Draft (1st Edition)
Rules Enforcement Level (REL): Professional
Eligibility: Qualified players and Open-entry
- None for qualified players
- Up to USD50 entry or local currency equivalent for Open-entry
Player Cap: 32
Swiss Rounds: 6
This National Championship will grant 10 Living Legend Points to the winning hero ( National Championship with player cap <96).
For more information, the details of the Living Legend legality model are outlined here: https://fabtcg.com/resources/rules-and-policy-center/living-legend/
|USD400 + National Champion Trophy + Gold Foil Legendary Black Envelope + 2023 World Championship Invitation
|USD300 + 2023 World Championship Invitation
|x1 Flesh and Blood Booster Display
|Cold Foil Prism, Awakener of Sol
|3x Classic Constructed, Swiss rounds
|3x Booster Draft, Swiss rounds
|Top 8: Single Elimination, Classic Constructed (untimed)
This National Championship is an open-entry event. All qualified players need to register for the event. Players can qualify for the National Championship in the following ways:
- Obtaining an invitation to the National Championship via a Road to Nationals event.
- XP-based invitations will be issued based on standings as of Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 11:59pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time).
- Open-entries will be determined based on the number of players qualifying through Road to Nationals and XP.
- Redeeming a PTI (Professional Tournament Invitation) obtained from a previous event, such as the Calling.
- Redeeming a PTI - A player may redeem their PTI for this event by emailing email@example.com with your name and GEM player ID number, and must send this email from the same email address registered to their GEM player account. PTI redemptions can be submitted up until 5 pm (PDT) Friday, August 4, 2023. Please note that once redeemed, it must be used to play at the National Championship. If the player does not attend the National Championship, their PTI will cease to exist.
- Gifting a PTI - A player may also gift a redeemed PTI to another player (up to one per National Championship) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and GEM player ID number, and the name and GEM ID number of the recipient. The player gifting the PTI must send this email from the same email address registered to their GEM player account. PTI gifting requests can be submitted up until 5 pm (PDT) Friday, August 4, 2023. Please note that a gifted PTI must be used by the recipient to play at the National Championship. If the recipient does not attend the National Championship, their PTI will cease to exist.
Swiss rounds are best-of-one.
- Classic Constructed Swiss rounds are 50 + 5 minutes in duration (50 + 5 means there are 5 minutes allocated for the start of game procedure. Players must have presented their deck and revealed their equipment and weapons within this 5-minute window. If both players complete the start of game procedure in less than 5 minutes, they may begin playing their match immediately.)
- Draft Swiss rounds are 30 + 5 minutes in duration.
- Top 8 playoffs are single elimination, best-of-one matches.
- Top 8 matches have no time limit. Players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and Slow Play penalties will be enforced.
- For each Top 8 match, the player that finished higher in the Swiss portion of the event chooses to play first or second.
- Decks must be legal as defined by the Card Legality Policy.
- Deck registration must be done using full English card names only and be clearly legible.
- The official Classic Constructed Deck Registration Sheet is available here.
- Players may not change their registered deck during the tournament.
- Deck checks will be conducted by event staff throughout the tournament.
- It is the responsibility of each player to ensure there are no distinguishing marks or patterns on their cards or card sleeves for the duration of the tournament.
Additional side events may be taking place throughout the weekend. For more information on event schedules and details, kindly reach out to the Organiser directly.