Get ready for the ultimate test of skill, strategy, and cunning with Classic Constructed, the quintessential Flesh and Blood experience. In this format, players select a hero and construct an 80-card deck filled with lethal weapons, game-changing equipment, and signature moves that will leave their opponents reeling. With intense 1v1 combat and high stakes on the line, Classic Constructed offers a thrilling gameplay experience that will put even the most seasoned players to the test.
The following only covers the basics and recommendations for Classic Constructed. Please refer to the Tournament Rules and Policy for more complete details on running a Classic Constructed tournament.
- 1 hero card (can’t be a young hero)
- 80 card-pool (includes weapons, equipment, etc., and cards in the deck)
- Start with a minimum of 60 cards in the deck
- Up to 3 copies of each unique card
- 55 minutes per round, first to 1
Card-Pool Construction Rules
In Classic Constructed, each player registers their non-young hero card and 80 cards that make up their card-pool. The card-pool includes arena-cards (weapons, equipment, etc.), and deck-cards that will start in the player’s deck.
A card can only be included in a Player’s card-pool if the card’s class/talents are a subset of the hero’s class/talents (e.g. a Light talent card can only be included in a card-pool if the hero has a Light talent). Generic cards can be included in any card-pool.
A card-pool may contain up to 3 copies of each unique card. A card is unique if it has a different name AND pitch value from another card. (e.g. Sink Below (red) is unique compared to Sink Below (blue) because they have different pitch values)
These rules are subject to the effects of the hero or cards in the card-pool, which may allow or limit what cards can be included. (e.g. Heroes with “Essence” allow certain talented cards to be included, even if the hero doesn’t have the same talent. Cards with “Legendary” limit themselves to only 1 in the card-pool.)
For an up-to-date list of cards legal in Classic Constructed please refer to the Card Legality Policy. If the tournament requires card-pool registration, you can find the official forms in Tournament Forms.
The following is the recommended structure for a Classic Constructed tournament, which may be altered at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.
- Matches: First to 1 win
- Round Time: 55 minutes
|Players||Swiss Rounds||Playoff (optional)|
Each game of a match follows the same procedure:
- Each player reveals their hero card.
- Choose a player at random, and then that player decides who will go first.
- Each player chooses the equipment, weapons, and 60-card minimum deck they will use for this game (chosen from their 80 card-pool).
- Each player shuffles and presents their deck to the opponent, who may shuffle and/or cut.
- Each player reveals the weapon(s) and equipment they have chosen for this game, draws cards up to their hero's intellect, and the first player begins the first turn of the game.
The match ends when one player has won the required number of games for the match (usually 1 game win).
If the round time expires, and a winner of the current game is yet to be determined, the turn player completes their turn and then 1 additional turn is played. At the conclusion of the additional turn, if a winner of the game has not been determined, the current game is a draw.
This document was last updated on 16 August, 2023