Changes to this Policy - July 1, 2021
We have updated our MAP Policy to better reflect our support for local game stores. The following change will be effective from the release of Crucible of War Unlimited:
- The MAP for each Sealed Product released starting with Crucible of War Unlimited will be enforced until such time that an announcement is posted in the Retailer News section of fabtcg.com stating that the MAP period has ended.
- The MAP for each Sealed Product released prior to Crucible of War Unlimited will remain unchanged, being that is enforced for 180 calendar days following the official release date (“MAP Period”) as published on the product page of https://fabtcg.com/products/.
“To bring people together in the flesh and blood through the common language of playing great games” is the primary mission of Legend Story Studios.
The intention of this policy is to acknowledge the importance of retailers who enable and support this mission, and to make the expectations of Legend Story Studios transparent to our retailers and supply chain partners across the world.
Each retailer that enters into business relations with Legend Story Studios or one of our official distributors, is expected to comply with this policy to the extent permissible by the governing laws within their jurisdiction.
Unless otherwise defined within this policy, the following terms are defined as follows:
Sealed Product: Unopened Flesh and Blood TCG booster packs, decks, and box set products, included but not limited to the forms of; pallets, cases, retail display boxes, booster packs, hero decks, and box sets.
Single Cards: Individual Flesh and Blood TCG cards sourced from a Sealed Product.
MAP: Minimum advertised price.
MSRP: Manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
Online Sales: The making available of Sealed Product or Single Cards to purchase using any medium that is connected to the internet or by other ways of electronic data transfer, that enables a transaction to occur for the Sealed Product or Single Cards without the customer being present at the location of the Sealed Product or Single Cards.
Retailer Types and Eligibility
A retailer must meet the criteria of one or more of the following Retailer Types to be eligible for an official distributor to supply them with Flesh and Blood TCG products:
Bricks and Mortar Gaming Store
- The retailer’s primary business involves operating a bonafide bricks and mortar gaming store with table space available for customers to play games offered for sale by the retailer.
Single Card Website (legacy accounts)
- The retailer operates an independent online Single Card website, with the marketed homepage being a registered domain name owned by the customer that does not redirect to a third party website, and which has been continually offering Flesh and Blood single cards to consumers since prior to October 1, 2020.
Online Sale of Sealed Product
Flesh and Blood Sealed Product may only be sold online by Bricks and Mortar Gaming Stores.
For the avoidance to doubt, Bricks and Mortar Gaming Stores and Single Card Websites may sell Single Cards online.
Minimum Advertised Price
Retailers that have a base of operations within following territories must sell Flesh and Blood TCG Sealed Product with a MAP:
- United States of America
Minimum advertised pricing supports the goal of promoting fair competition across all distribution channels in the territories, maintaining margin integrity for all retailers and brand value for end-users.
The MAP for each Sealed Product is MSRP minus 20%, and will be enforced as follows:
- Starting Crucible of War Unlimited, MAP will be enforced until such time that an announcement is posted in the Retailer News section of fabtcg.com stating that the MAP period of a Sealed Product has ended.
- For Sealed Products released prior to Crucible of War Unlimited, MAP will be enforced for 180 calendar days following the official release date (“MAP Period”) as published on the product page of https://fabtcg.com/products/.
The MAP set out by Legend Story Studios for each Sealed Product does not apply to the price at point-of-sale, only to any advertised price for a Sealed Product within the Map Period. The retailer determines the final price at point-of-sale, whether in-store or online checkout.
A retailer must not publicly advertise the price of a Sealed Product within the Map Period to be lower than the MAP.
The mediums which may classify as an advertisement of price include but are not limited to; flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
This MAP policy may be communicated to retailers by Legend Story Studios or an official distribution partner as listed here https://b2b.legendstory.com.
Retailers who are found to be in breach of this policy will be given notice to remedy the breach within 24 hours otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them which may include but is not limited to; temporary suspension of supply, delisting from public store directories, cease and desist of use of trademarks and copyright images, and/or permanent termination of business relations.
Reports of potential breaches of this policy may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legend Story Studios relies on the wider community to help bring potential breaches to our attention. We thank all retailers for respecting this policy and holding each other to account in the interest of fair competition, to support of the mission to “Bring people together in the flesh and blood through the common language of playing great games.”